New residence permit for university students for job search

New residence permit for university students for job search



This new residence permit is granted for job search or for starting-up a business project, to be issued for a maximum not-renewable period of 12 months.


It is not an authorization for a stay as it would be the student visa itself.


This new permit offers more advantages than a study stay permit. This possibility arises because of the modification of the Entrepreneurs Law. It applies to those foreign students that have obtained a Bachelor Master´s or PhD Degree.


One of the most important aspects of this residence permit is that it can be requested in Spain before the student visa expires.


In order to request this job search permit you need to fulfil the same requirements as for the student visa and the certificate of having accomplished the studies.


The resolution can be obtained in 20 working days.


If the job is obtained, the applicant must request the residence and work permit card. The job must be in the field of the studies accomplished.


In newtoMadrid we can help to obtain both residences.


Contact us.